Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Villu Varanda...(this weekend)

I wont do justice to this blog if my first official blogging wasn't about a Tamil movie. It's just who I am. From my early years as a six year old I loved tamil movies. And 20 years later, I still do. Varusham 16, Chinna Thambi, Rajathi Raja, and Mannan were some of my favourites. While most childeren in Germany spent their time watching CareBears, Heman and Sheman (remember?), I spent my time falling in love with Prabhu and Kushboo falling in love. My point is, no matter how corny, sentimental, or cliched tamil movies are, I still love them and will always remain a loyal fan. (EVEN if I do complain 90% of the time about the 2/3rds of the tamil movies released! They just dont make them like they used to!)Coming back to my blog title, Villu Varanda, did you know Vijay's movie titled "Villu" is now released at theatres near you? Just so you know, it's running at Woodside Theatres. No news yet whether it would be running at Eglinton Square or Town Centre. But the showtimes at Woodside are as follows, 4:30pm, 7:30pm and of course 10:30pm. This is Vijay's second movie with director Prabhudeva (yes! he is a director now, and he also directed Pokiri, so this is not news people!), and his first movie with Nayanthara as his leading lady. All the critics suggest I walk the other way, and if time permits (ONLY if time permits) watch it on DVD, but what becomes of my world if I can't even watch a Vijay's movie at the theatre? I don't want to know, not just yet anyways.

Chances are... you'll see me this Saturday at the 10:30 show (that's when all the single 'men' come *wink) and if you run into me after the movie, I'd be blatantly swearing off tamil movies FOREVER, but then and again, I'd be there again in a few weeks time, 'cause did you hear Rajini's new movie is with Aishwaray Rai? Note: If you do end up going to Woodside, try their Somosas at break time. Make sure to get it with their infamous sauce, it's THE champion of somosa sauces! You wont find this at Somosa King, so don't bother. Sure, you don't get 5 for your dollar, BUT unlimited supply of sauce awaits your order. Nice deal ya?

2 comments:

Shubhs said...

Thank you for your comment .. though I am curious to know how you arrived at my blog ...

Good start to your blog ... Tamil Movies ... Keep posting regularly though!

AnnuBala said...

Hey, it's funny, my family decided to watch this movie and since I haven't seen a Tamil movie in ages, I decided to watch it......Salini.....this movie was terrible...:(....worst 10 dollars I've ever spent...the only thing that made it bearable was vadivelu's comedy act...:)