Saturday, January 17, 2009

Maanada Mayilada

'Superb, Mind-blowing, Keeeleee' Have you had the chance to watch this show yet? It's "Maanada Mayilada" from Kalainchar TV, INDIA. Loosely translated in english is Deer dance, Peacock dance...lol. Somehow the authenticity of the title is lost in english. hahha. It's my favourite tamil reality show at the moment, and this being it's 3rd season, it has gained much popularity along the way. The show has 10 couples (+ their darling choreographers) competing each other for a coveted grand price in various dance offs. But what distinguishes this show is CHARACTER. Audiences (or rather, people like me) are captivated by the many contestants through interactive commentaries. And if you can catch on to their subtle comical quirkiness, you too will appreciate this show on a romanticized level. I have come to LOVE some of the contestants on this show, they have exceptional talent and charisma! My favourites are Sateesh, Logesh, Gokul and Azar. If you are looking for something new, I highly recommend this show. I will explain more later.

No comments: