Thursday, January 15, 2009

Meet Lucky!

I would like you to meet Lucky. That's his name and he is my boyfriend's family dog. He is a mixed breed between a poodle and a cocker spaniel, and will be celebrating his 1st birthday this April. Lucky is lucky in more than his name. First, he survived a terrible illness when he was just a pup of few weeks (the vets didn't even think he'd survive), but more importantly, he is lucky because my boyfriend's family loves him more than me. lol, Sadly..this is the truth! But that's another blog for a another day.

My first encounter with Lucky was supervised. I was horrified of dogs, and their ability to smell fear so one can imagine the horror of trying to play with a high strung 'spoiled' (yes he is spoiled) four footed creature with teeth! But sigh*...their adorable face will win you over. Ever watch the Puss in Boots in Shrek? I mean, how could that look not melt your heart. It did mine. And after several dangerous encounters, I can finally say I'm a fully capable dog lover. I hope to turn that into a dog owner soon, so Lucky gives me plenty practice.

I think everyone should adopt/ buy a dog. Especially newly married couples before they have a baby. It will teach them a lot too. In truth, caring for a dog is like caring for your own child. They become so meshed into your lives, that you can't imagine life without them. My wish is to own a dog one day, and to name him Subramani. (remember Moondram Pirai?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...

love your future dog's name!!! Classic!

Dark Elf said...

A cross between a cocker spaniel and a poodle? Can it go cock-er poodle dooooo?