Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Moment in History

Waking up today, or even after faithfully watching the inauguration of Barack Obama as president this morning, I didn't think I'd be blogging about Obama. I am always stepping aside when it comes to the new 'craze'. The only reason I watched Obama's inauguration is because I didn't want to miss out on 'history being made'. But going by my earlier comment, this makes me a hypocrite does it not? Oh well, because sometimes a moment is too powerful to be forgotten...

For anyone who watched the inauguration on television today it was hard not to be but astonished by the MILLIONS of people in front of Capital Hill. They came from far and wide, and withstood the bitter cold for hours, just to hear one man speak. ONE MAN. It's hard to even begin to comprehend the enormity of what happened this morning, January 20, 2009. Tomorrow all of America, and the world, will wake up to a new President of the United States of America. With all this gaiety revered by gush of triumphs and hope, it's difficult to sit on the sideline and watch the world celebrate. May be that's why I felt my heart choke up when I REALLY thought about what this means for the African Americans. And that's when the thought struck me. In another world, in a parallel universe to this one, imagine a Tamil born Srilankan becoming the first Tamil President of Srilanka. Ours is only a dream now. But for the Blacks in America, they are realizing their dream today. It only seems fit to celebrate with them. Hence my blog was written in their triumph.

With dreams come hope....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is obama?

AnnuBala said...

OMG Salini deal with this pls........HAHAHHA

Jeevan said...

Sure this could remove the dust spread minds on skin colors. Lets Hope. the world can witness peace if the whole people can!