Tuesday, June 22, 2010

In the Name of Blueberries!

Weight Loss: Zero lbs.

Yes. I have started a diet yet again. It's rather unfortunate I know. I believe it was exactly this time last year that I ventured into my Green tea diet. How time flies by eh?! Did I accomplish my goal? Of course not, what a silly question. I wouldn't be compelled to write this blog had I been successful right?

There was some improvement in the months following the diet, up until October 2009 I believe. Then I got cocky and discovered bubble tea at Wal-Mart! Not just any Wal-Mart, just the one by Markham & Sheppard. It has a bubble tea shop called "Tea Shop" inside its premises. And they make the best bubble tea in the Greater Toronto Region! And do you know what the best part is? It's damn cheap! Only $3.14 for a large which includes tapioca. My favourite flavour? Taro! Taro! TARO! Yum yum yum.

But now I’m back again to reunite with my green tea bags. However there is a new addition. Meet my new friend, Blueberries. Of course you have heard about them. They are synonymous with diet, Oprah and Dr. Oz. It's only natural I incorporated them. This time I am serious however. Well, I want to be serious. I have to be serious. You know why? Because I am getting married! YAY me!

I know its' a big deal to publicly want to lose weight. But who cares right? The people around me are already in the know. So what if some random guy from India (preferably from Chennai) reads about my weight loss attempt? I'm not embarrassed.

I want to lose 20lbs. Whoa! You might be wondering how much I ACTUALLY weigh. But that' I'm still shy about confessing. Let's just say I want to lose 20lbs. How am I going to get there? That I don’t know. The problem is : I don't exercise. I hate exercise. I mean just the thought of enduring the "pain" stops me from even trying. But at the same while, I know I'd have to exercise if I want to lose weight. Restricting calories and eating healthy is not going to get me where I want to go. It may pave the way, but it's definitely not going to deliver. That's where I am stuck. I have a treadmill at home, which sits prettily in my basement collecting dust. I can't find the motivation to get on it. I just can't. I have now devised a plan to go jogging/running around a track which I have yet to follow through. My friend keeps asking me to come running in the mornings with her. Till now my answer to her has been “Zzzz......Zzzz.....Zzzzz".

Hopefully I will have better news in the coming days. It's been one whole week since I have stuck to my blueberry, green tea and 'only eat when you are hungry' diet. Oh yes, I also drink lots of water. I go grocery shopping on my own. So I can pick out the items I can take/make for work. I have only binge eaten one day last week. This is very good for me.

Wish me good luck. Will be back with an update soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about yoga??? I thought you liked it! Eat healthy and drink lots of water and if you keep up with moksha yoga for like a month (3/4 times a week), I can almost guarantee that you will lose about 10 lbs...that is if you have that much to lose!oh, and OMG, you're getting married!!! :) what happened to waiting for me? :p