Tuesday, August 25, 2009

In the Absence of Love.

Is it true that every one in this world has loved someone? Not the love a mother feels for her child....but romantic love. The kind of love that slowly creeps up into an unknown heart. The kind of love that makes daydreaming a favourable escape and waiting impossible. Does this mean that everyone has felt the fluttering wings of the thousand butterflies inside them? Where one starts to dream with their eyes open? But is it also possible that someone has not ever loved anyone? .....

I have always loved I believe. From the age I could remember love, I have loved somebody. Did I know it was called love then? Most probably not. But looking back, I can surely say I loved him. A childhood crush? Yes. It started like that. But fate had it that I should love him again, so I did. And I have loved him since. The day I marry him will be my happily ever after....

But thats' me. I had always been the fool for love, a hopless romantic even. That's known however. What has boggled my mind recently is a thought that stirred much interest in me. What about those that I know and positively believe never has loved someone romantically? It may be that they liked someone in their unassuming younger age, but what about now. Have they loved someone? Or is it just that I dont know them well enough.

No comments: