Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Green Tea Saga Continues...

Hello. So here is the update. If you remember correctly, I had recently undertaken the consumption of green tea for none other than for a purely superficial reason - weight loss. It's been I think 2 weeks, maybe 2 and a half, or even close to 3 now. Oh well...but good news is,....I have, willingly and sometimes forcefully, stuck with drinking only, and I mean ONLY green tea for the entire duration. I completely cut out one of the few favourite delights in life: coffee with cream and lots of sugar. AND now...am I not only drinking green tea, but consequently I have also cut out refined sugar! How amazing is that? You would think pretty amazing if only you had known my weekly coffee consumption. I am a self-proclaimed coffee junk....., well, not anymore I suppose!

I know the burning question must be,..."so have you?" You mean, have I lost weight? Honest answer? ....Yes...at least I think so. Minimal? probably, but surely? Yes. How do I know this? Well, everyone knows the best indicator of weight loss is never the topsy-turvy scale! Rather, it's your old jeans and my favourite, an old saree blouse. I prefer the saree blouse over the jeans simply because jeans are more susceptible to waist blubber, which can be shamelessly adjusted by skipping a few meals. But the saree blouse is more stubborn. It wont, and I know this by first hand, and that is, it just wont accommodate any extra 'flesh' than what it was originally designed for! It fits around the most 'vulnerable' parts of your body, the parts that takes a long term commitment of any diet or exercises regime to notice any substantial change. That's why, when I tried on a saree blouse from my younger days, you can imagine the surprise when it had actually fit me!!! Did it fit as well as it should have? Hell NO! But at least this time I could close all the buttons on the blouse! hahahh.

So change is possible. But of course I dont want to get ahead of myself. Only one knows how many times this has been attempted at time after time. Nevertheless, this green tea is new and apparently here to stay. I have actually come to like it. I bought a more mild form than the one my parents are accustomed to, I bought the Tetley Green Tea. It's definitely less nauseating to be sure. It's a shocker, but some times I find myself craving for it too. Especially when I wake from an afternoon nap. This is soooo not Shalini. But I guess I have to grow up at some point right? For me ...green tea just might have showed me the way....

No comments: