Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why I am TWIGGED OUT!

Okay. I lied. I am in no way of being "twigged out" as they say in Twitterland. Yes, maybe you already heard. Maybe you received an invitation from me via twitter to join twitter. (Which by the way YOU obviously ignored/deleted or worse, is still unread!!!) News is, I am officially on the follow. Well, to be exact if I must. I am following three, two are following me. But keep in mind, this is only the beginning. If Ashton Kutcher can beat out CNN on receiving a following of 1 million tweeters and counting, I am sure I can ...hmm..let's say...get another 20 more to follow me? HA - I seriously doubt it. But nonetheless, baby steps are the beginnings. Oh ya, just so you know. Twigged out simply means, again in Twitterland, --- to be so hyped up on twittering that you cannot sleep. I am hardly there....trust me! Ask my followers if you must.

So what do I think of twitter? And what made me join it you ask? Well, for one. If you know me, I don't follow the mass. If everyone likes Ajith, I choose to like Vijay. If everyone likes Facebook, I choose to do blogs. It's just part of being me, shalini murugiah. I like people before they become famous, like Surya...I liked him waaaaaay before he started gelling his hair or wearing his shirt out. LOL....I liked him from his days in Nerruku Naer. Of course this doesn't mean, no one else liked him either. Except that the cult was small. I liked being part of the small group. It meant something. Of course, after Nandha and Pithagmagan that cult grew, especially after Kakka Kakka I would say. That's when all the teens, and tweens jumped in the wagon too. And I wasn't special anymore, and now he is not special to me. Anyways...the point is twitter sounded great because to me it was still unknown and untouched....

I think the concept behind twitter is just great. Such a simple idea. It's one of those things, that once you see how well it works, you are like, 'why didn't I think of it!'. Once you sign up on twitter.com, you can start posting instant messages of what you doing/thinking/eating/liking whenever, and wherever you want. This way your friends and families get to follow you, and see what you are up to too, and vice verse. Like I mentioned earlier, I am still new at this. I am still learning to maneuver around the site myself. If you get the chance, check it out. It might just take over facebook in the near future......so be ready....... (*I for one, can't wait for that day).

No comments: