Monday, May 11, 2009

The March of the Tigers


So here are some pictures I have managed to gather. Please click on the forward icon to skim through the pictures. My suggestion to you is NOT to double click on the image, as it will re-route you to another page. 

Anyhow, going back to what I was writting.  To be truthful. Although I watched and listened to all the media coverage on this event, I still don't have an opinion on it. I really don't. Was this the right way about bringing attention? I DON't KNOW. Was it wrong to do so, to spill over onto a major highway of the city? Many seem to think so, but I still don't know. But above all this, there is only ONE thing that boggles my mind. Maybe someone can clarify. What is the purpose of flying the LTTE flags at these protests anyway? Contrary to what many may argue, the LTTE flag and the Tamil Eelam flag is not one and the same. The tamil people adopted the LTTE flag if anything, because it was only them they felt a kinship to, whether forced or otherwise. Anyways, my question is, must we really fly this flag? reallY? I don't believe it serves any purpose. 
I might be wrong, but I doubt it......

2 comments:

ilavarasan said...

I am bit disappointed with your question. We must proud to raise our flag and we ask solution while suffering.

If Kosava folks dropped their flag, they wouldn't have obtained the freedom.

If East Timor chose to drop the flag during their very difficult time, they wouldn't have won their independence.
Bosnia did the same so does the Palestine.

if jews chose to bring down their flag during pre-independance war, they wouldn't have country of their own now.

it is our identity. Others may not like it. they will demand next is to change of our 'skin' color. We had demonstrated without flags many times and NO ACTION WAS TAKEN. so there is absolutely no point of arguing without the flag.

Many media now reports this as flag of Tamils. If Italian can carry theirs so does Tamils. We should fight to defend our right and educate others. This tiger represent our culture, our old kingdom. Don't get carried away with others suggesting about our own flag. stand by your people and support them. you will see the birth of our homeland very soon. not very far away.

Anonymous said...

I'm 100% in agreement with ilavarasan ..I told Shalini of my Opinion before...Harper is living a luxury life out of (us) Tamil Canadian’s hard earned Tax money, while our leader is living in the dirt and wearing Cyanide, Who the hell does he think he is to ask him lay down the arms and listen to his crap… Who the freak is Bev Oda ( some Chinese broadcaster born in Thunderbay) to ask us to lay down our flags?? What does she know about our History and Tamil's Struggle?


Anand