Thursday, May 14, 2009

Who is D.B.S Jeyaraj?

Hi everyone….I came across this article, Tigers, Tamil Diaspora and the Tamil Civilians Plights (click here) by D.B.S Jeyaraj, while I was reading an article from the Globe and Mail, (click here). Frankly, I don’t know what to think. But all I know is it's definitely something we must read too. As always, there is two sides to a story. I don’t know this D.B.S Jeyaraj guy. I didn't hear of him till today. I don’t know whether he is a "good" guy or a "bad" guy, or even if he has any credentials or his claims any legitimacy. Yet, I did read through the entire article, and I hope you will do the same. Maybe some things will be too difficult to appreciate, especially for some of you (*perhaps). Anyways…if anyone can shed some light as to who this man is, or even if I should be reading any of his stuff, please speak up. If this is news to you, maybe it sparked the same questions as it did to me….better yet…I would love to hear your opinion on his article….will you be brave enough to take a stand? Or are you just a confused bugger like me….?

*Just so you know, the above was originaly written by me yesterday night. I have new insight today. I researched some more, and I think I am liking this Jeyaraj, who happens to be a Tamil journalist based in Toronto. I will definitely write more about my thoughts on him in my coming posts....

4 comments:

ilavarasan said...

DBS jeyaraj is best at yellow journalism. he had two faces. His house is paid off and fully taken care by the srilankan lobby system.

he was working for wtm news paper. he wrote in support of tamil plight in tamil news paper and against tamils in colombo newspaper. this was all happening while he ate and slept in Tamil offices in Toronto.

DBS Jeyaraj do not write without consuming liquor and he is alcoholic. he has no gut to face any Tamils and argue. We have invited him for open debate and discussion. His bravery comes out only when consume the liquor.

he had some personal problem with someone and they beat him up. This became LTTE job and he was accusing entire Tamil supporters behind this.

He is a crook and he has been flip flopping many times. I can show many of his articles written in two different languages with two different perspectives.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ilavarsan,
DBS Jeyaraj has Betrayed the Tamils,his Mother Land and most likely his mother too.

Anand

Streetlamp said...

That's pretty sad. DBS is one of the few journalists who has a readership in both Tamil and Sinhalese circles. The fact that he is critical of both sides is reflective of his audience.

Sad that you can't see him for who he is and what he does and have to attack him at a personal level rather than comment on his blogs and opinions.

Both commentators here see the world as George Bush does - with us or against us. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

D.B.S Jeyaraj provide most reliable news to Tamil and world about Tamil affairs.

visit www.dbsjeyaraj.com