Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Appa, Amma --- I Want to Marry Shalini"

One sentence. 5 words. How hard is it to say it? Apparently,.... a lot harder than I think according to my boyfriend. I am so tempted to write about my oh-so-complicated love affair with my boyfriend and his parents. My better self tells me not to. This is neither the place, nor circumstance. But my mischievous self. The one that is wholly impatient and easily irked by past injustices tells me otherwise --- 'Niroshan doesn't read your blog anyway!'. HA.

It's one of those stories. Actually, just writing that prior sentence has given me an idea. I will in fact tell you the "oh so" complicated story, without telling you anything about my story. Here's how. I will tell you the tamil movies that resemble my life. You know, the one with me, my boyfriend and his parents! Once you mesh the plots, and perhaps weed off the irrelevant elements, you just might get my story after all. Hmm...this should be fun.

Here are the movies of my life. Thirumagan (S.J. Surya, Meera Jasmine); Something Something Enakkum Unakkum (Jeyam Ravi, Trisha); Alai Payuthay (Madhavan, Shalini). This is harder than I thought. If you know tamil movies like I do, I think you already know my story.

No comments: