Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So I Didn't Watch Vettaikaran!

I don't know how I would describe this feeling (or is it state of being?). When I am here at my house with little to nothing to do and bored out of my wits, and a Vijay movie is only a 15 minute drive away. Yet, here I still remain unable to coerce myself to watch it. And the truth is, I really don't know why. But I assume it's a combination of all the three following reasons. One more than the other, but I will tell you which one at the end.

Well for starters, I had been "advised" to boycott Vijay's Vettaikaran as Vijay had supposedly affiliated with a music director (Vijay Anthony) or was it singer? who in turn was affiliated with the Srilankan Sinhalese people. That's all the surface detail I, and the people who had "advised" me knew too.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Affiliation with an ethnic group is no crime and it is no reason to boycott a movie.Even MGR was born in sri lanka.Steven Speilberg is also planning to return to sri lanka in search of film locations. Should we boycott his movies as well?
If people are saying to boycott vettaikaran on grounds you mentioned,then they are in a way racist as well.
No wonder the Tamil Diaspora is so backward..........

blackkalai said...

one singala singer who wrote and sing a song for Sri Lankan Army has worked with the Vettaikaaran film. that is why they ask for boycot